Protect Yo’self Before You Wreck Yo’self

The last blog post on Uninsured/Underinsured Motorist coverage “UM/UIM” ended with a question.

“So what can you do to protect yourself from these scofflaw, uninsured, and underinsured drivers and parties?”

Answer: Protect yo’self before you wreck yo’self and buy as much Uninsured / Underinsured Motorist coverage as possible.

Typically abbreviated UM/UIM on your insurance declarations page, this coverage pays when the jerk who caused your damages cannot pay. There are two forms of UM/UIM coverage. The bulk of this blog post deals with UM/UIM Bodily Injury “UM/UIM BI” coverage. The other type, UM/UIM Property Damage “UM/UIM PD” coverage follows the same basic analysis. For ease, the references in this blog post uses UM/UIM as the analysis applies to both forms of such coverage.

The great thing about UM/UIM coverage is that it covers you if you suffer physical injury as a result of nearly ANY circumstance that relates to an automobile. So if you suffer a broken leg because some moronic driver knocked a grocery cart into you as you used a crosswalk to cross the street, you can recover from your own insurance’s UM/UIM coverage for your physical injuries and lost wages.

Isn’t that cool!?

You can even recover from your UM/UIM coverage if a drive-by shooter shoots through the wall of your home and hits you while you watch “Walker, Texas Ranger” on the couch. The UM/UIM PD will even pay to repair the wall.

How about that?!

But you might ask…

“What if I was in somebody else’s car? What if I was walking down the street in Hoboken when a car ran into me?”

Well… Stay tuned for the next blog post and find out!“

When you’re mendin’, Get BRENDNN!” Call us TODAY (505) 591-0808.