Albuquerque Motorcycle Accident Lawyer
Helping Motorcycle Accident Victims Financially Recover in New Mexico
There’s nothing quite like riding a motorcycle. Sadly, the thrill and excitement of biking through New Mexico’s gorgeous landscape can be ruined by a collision with a larger motor vehicle. Rude!!
If you or a loved one has been injured in a motorcycle accident, call Brendan O’Reilly of The Lawyers O’Reilly PC. As our Albuquerque motorcycle accident lawyer, Brendan is an experienced litigator who fights hard for the rights of his clients. We always treat our clients like people, providing them with representation tailored to their needs and refusing to bother them with complicated legal jargon and other avoidable hassles while in recovery.
We know that dealing with the law is never fun or easy, especially if you’ve suffered injuries and require assistance receiving compensation for your accident-related expenses. At The Lawyers O’Reilly PC, we respect the hardships our clients are going through and will do our best to make the process as painless as possible. If you want to work with a lawyer who is both easygoing and effective, contact us today.
Common Causes & Effects of Motorcycle Accidents
When another driver negligently causes a collision with a motorcycle, the motorcyclist suffers terribly.
These collisions typically occur because the other driver failed to keep a lookout for motorcycles. Even the most vigilant motorists often only look out for other cars—since motorcycles are so small and uncommon by comparison, drivers tend to be surprised by the sight of a nearby motorcycle, which can lead to the motorcyclist's injury or death. The number one cause of multi-vehicle motorcycle accidents is a driver making a left or right turn directly into the path of an oncoming biker they failed to see until it was too late.
This happened to one of Brendan's clients, who sustained pelvic ring fractures on both sides of his pelvis as his crotch slammed into his bikes gas tank when a bad driver turned immediately in front of him and caused an accident. That client's recovery took many months of grueling physical therapy.
Unsurprisingly, when a motorcycle and motor vehicle collide, it is typically the vehicle that “wins.” Bikers are at risk of suffering devastating, debilitating, or even deadly injuries.
Common motorcycle accident injuries include:
- Bone fractures
- Facial scarring and disfigurement
- Internal injuries
- Lower extremity injuries
- Road rash
- Spinal cord injuries
- Traumatic brain injury
- Wrongful death
Steps to Take After a Motorcycle Accident
When you are involved in a motorcycle accident, it is normal to feel overwhelmed and experience panic about what to do immediately after a collision. There are several important steps to take to ensure the safety of you and your loved ones after being involved in a motorcycle crash in Albuquerque.
Following are 5 steps to take after a motorcycle accident in Albuquerque:
- Get to Safety- If possible, direct your motorcycle to a safe place that is away from oncoming traffic or other drivers.
- Call the Authorities- Contact the police and an ambulance as soon as possible to address any injuries and start an accident report. Regardless of how you feel after a motorcycle collision, get checked out at the emergency room. The chances of an internal-bleeding injury or a brain bleed are so high that you should never refuse medical attention after a motorcycle collision.
- Document the Accident and the Damage- Take pictures of any damage to property or vehicles, get witness names, and ensure that you receive the other drivers' contact information, license plate number, and insurance carrier. If you're unable to do this yourself, ask someone on scene to do it for you. Do not rely on the police to get this information as they seldom document witness names or take photos.
- Gather Statements from Witnesses- It is important to collect the contact information of witnesses who were at the scene of your accident. If you can't do it yourself, get somebody else to do it! This may help your injury claim with successful compensation. And don't rely on the police for this! They seldom document the names of witnesses at the scene of a motor vehicle collision.
- Contact Motorcycle Accident Attorney Brendan O'Reilly to File an Injury Claim- Brendan can help you with the nuances of your motorcycle accident claim by using his experience to help you receive maximum compensation.
Hire Brendan to Stand Up for Your Rights
Brendan represented a married couple who rode two-up on their annual wedding anniversary trip until a bad driver cut them off, causing the husband to suffer gruesome pelvic injuries and causing the wife to fly 30 feet through the air. Despite a broken pelvis, the husband’s medical expenses were very low. The wife’s physical injuries were mostly soft-tissue related and required minimal medical care. Brendan pounded the insurance companies with evidence of the extreme pain and suffering, emotional toll, loss of consortium, loss of enjoyment of life, and other damages the collision caused the husband and wife to suffer.
Brendan recovered $455,000 for the husband—more than 10 times his total medical expenses—and $100,000 for the wife—nearly 50 times her medical expenses.
Although past results cannot guarantee future success and every case is different, Brendan has the knowledge, the methodology, and the experience to prosecute motorcycle collision cases to maximize the recovery available under the facts and New Mexico law.
When you hire Brendan, he applies his knowledge and experience to obtain the maximum recovery available to you under the available insurance policies and New Mexico law. Brendan handles the insurance adjusters so that you can focus on recovering from your injuries instead of arguing with a claims adjuster.